This beautiful private home was built around 1877 for John Sanders, a grain and coal dealer, in the west side of the station yard. His son, William, was the village photographer from 1905 to 1950. The mansard-style roof on the front and sides is unusual in Stouffville. An addition to the west was built in keeping with the original house.
Address: 6108 Main Street, Stouffville, Ontario
Year Built: c. 1877
Building Type: Private Residence
Hours Open: Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.